Pronunciation is a topic that has to be learned in conjunction with vocabulary and grammar. You need a basic understanding of pronunciation, if you want to be able to understand and speak a language.
This is what you can do to learn pronunciation:
- Read about it while learning grammar.
- Listen to native speakers pronouncing words while you learn German vocabulary.
- Listen to German radio and watch German TV.
- Watch German DVDs and listen carefully.
- Talk with native speakers online and offline.
- In summary:use every opportunity to improve your own pronunciation!